FUUN Book Page
On this page you will find titles related to religious education, social justice, and many topics. Those linked to Amazon, or any item purchased after entering Amazon through one of these links, will bring a percentage of the cost back to the church. Enter your own user name and password when asked. If you have questions or titles to suggest, please contact email@example.com.
February Services – PRAYER/MEDITATION
- Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life
- Being Peace
- The Blooming of a Lotus: Revised Edition of the Classic Guided Meditation for Achieving the Miracle of Mindfulness
- Simply Pray: A Modern Spiritual Practice to Deepen Your Life
- A Lamp in the Darkness: Illuminating the Path Through Difficult Times
January Services – GRACE
- The Art of Forgiveness, Lovingkindness, and Peace
- Lost Prophet: The Life and Times of Bayard Rustin
- Grace and Grit: Spirituality and Healing in the Life and Death of Treya Killam Wilber
- Serving with Grace: Lay Leadership as a Spiritual Practice
- Prairie Soul: Finding Grace in the Earth Beneath My Feet
- Amazing Chesed: Living a Grace-Filled Judaism
- Faitheist: How an Atheist Found Common Ground with the Religious
- Voices from the Margins: An Anthology of Meditations
- Resistance: A Memoir of Civil Disobedience in Maricopa County
- The End of God-Talk: An African American Humanist Theology
- ‘Til Faith Do Us Part: How Interfaith Marriage is Transforming America
- Buddhist Voices in Unitarian Universalism
- This Truth Never Fails: A Zen Memoir in Four Seasons
- Becoming More Fully Human
- Spiritual Gems of Islam: Insights & Practices from the Qur’an, Hadith, Rumi & Muslim Teaching Stories to Enlighten the Heart & Mind
- Being Both: Embracing Two Religions in One Interfaith Family
- Fluent in Faith: A Unitarian Universalist Embrace of Religious Language
- God Revised: How Religion Must Evolve in a Scientific Age
- A House for Hope: The Promise of Progressive Religion for the Twenty-first Century
- Theology Ablaze: Celebrating the 50th Anniversary Year of Unitarian Universalism
Church Health and Leadership
- Fundraising Realities Every Board Member Must Face, Second Edition: A 1-Hour Crash Course on Raising Major Gifts for Nonprofit Organizations
- Leading Change in the Congregation: Spiritual & Organizational Tools for Leaders.
- Churchworks: A well-body book for congregations.
- Healthy Congregations: A Systems Approach.
- Congregational Leadership in Anxious Times: Being Calm and Courageous No Matter What.
- How Your Church Family Works: Understanding Congregations as Emotional Systems.
- A Door Set Open: Grounding Change in Mission and Hope.
Pastoral Care Resources Recommended by Gail Seavey
- How Can I Help? Stories and Reflection on Service
- The Sacred Art of Listening: Forty Reflections for Cultivating a Spiritual Practice
- Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs, and Communications of the Dying
- Practicing the Sacred Art of Listening: A Guide to Enrich Your Relationships and Kindle Your Spiritual Life–The Listening Center Workshop
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life
- Nonviolent Communication Companion Workbook: A Practical Guide for Individual, Group or Classroom Study (Nonviolent Communication Guides)
Books for Beloved Community
- The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration
- Inhuman Bondage: The Rise and Fall of Slavery in the New World
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness
- Murder at the Sleepy Lagoon: Zoot Suits, Race, and Riot in Wartime L.A.
- The Buddha in the Attic
- Behind the Kitchen Door
- 99 to 1: How Wealth Inequality Is Wrecking the World and What We Can Do about It
- Billionaires’ Ball: Gluttony and Hubris in an Age of Epic Inequality
- The Price of Inequality: How Today’s Divided Society Endangers Our Future
- Beyond Outrage: Expanded Edition: What has gone wrong with our economy and our democracy, and how to fix it (Vintage)
Organizing for Justice
- Bridging the Class Divide: And Other Lessons for Grassroots Organizing
- Faith in Action: Religion, Race, and Democratic Organizing in America (Morality and Society Series)
- Collective Visioning: How Groups Can Work Together for a Just and Sustainable Future (BK Currents (Paperback))
- Playbook for Progressives: 16 Qualities of the Successful Organizer
Books by Members and Friends
Be sure to send us the titles and publishers of your own books, or those of other members and friends you’re aware of! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Keith Conklin, The State of the Earth: Environmental Challenges on the Road to 2100.
- Anastasia Curwood, Stormy Weather: Middle-Class African American Marriages between the Two World Wars (Gender and American Culture).
- Lisa Dordal, poems in Milk and Honey: A Celebration of Jewish Lesbian Poetry, Dog Blessings: Poems, Prose, and Prayers Celebrating Our Relationship with Dogs, and Moments of the Soul: Poems of Meditation and Mindfulness by Writers of Every Faith.
- Peg Duthie, Measured Extravagance. Peg’s poems also appear in Say a Little Prayer: A Journal, Serenity Prayers: Prayers, Poems, and Prose to Soothe Your Soul, The Bedside Guide to No Tell Motel, Big Land, Big Sky, Big Hair: Best of the Texas Poetry Calendar, and several other anthologies. Her essays appear in Reading Harry Potter Again: New Critical Essays and Harlem Renaissance Lives.
- Jeffry Stein, Keeper of the Planet, The Magic Word and Other Stories from before the Millennium, Life, Myth and the American Family Unreeling , and Gentlemen of Decision .
- Deborah Wilbrink, The Sky’s The Limit!: Adventures of McGee the Cat
Books for New or Prospective UU’s
- A Chosen Faith: An Introduction to Unitarian Universalism.
- The ABC’s for UU Newcomers: A Brief Introduction to Unitarian Universalism.
- An Introduction to the Unitarian and Universalist Traditions (Introduction to Religion).
- With purpose and principle: Essays about the Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism.
- Unitarian Universalism: A Narrative History.
Children and Families
- The Gift of Faith: Tending the Spiritual Lives of Children.
- Unitarian Universalism Is a Really Long Name.
- Tending the Flame: The Art of Unitarian Universalist Parenting.
First Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashville is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.